Amore and Amore Shimmer are the latest additions to the Rowan Kidsilk Family. Both consist of strands of the ever popular Kidsilk Haze in a chainette construction. The yarn is luxurious with it's mohair-silk blend, and has the added bonus of being heavier in weight, which is great for beginners who would like to try knitting with mohair.
When knitted, the fabric is still light and lofty enough, but cosy, and soft against the skin still with the usual fluffiness of the Kidsilk Haze. If you do find that you need to rip out some of your knitting, you'll be pleased to hear that Amore is much easier to frog than its delicate relative. (Ask me how I know!) At present, Amore and Amore Shimmer only have 4 shades in each range.
You would be forgiven for thinking, "There's not very much yarn on a ball!" Amore has approximately 42 metres per 50g ball and Amore Shimmer has only 37 metres. As it turns out, there's actually quite a lot you can do with less than 50m of yarn! Take a look at some of these beautiful designs by the Rowan Ambassadors - each one knits from just one ball, and the best part is all the designs are available for FREE! (You can find them all by following the "Click for Free Patterns" link on the Amore and Amore Shimmer pages on our website.)
|Designs in Kidsilk Amore|
|Designs in Kidsilk Amore Shimmer|
In addition, Rowan have released the Kidsilk Amore Collection containing a further 8 designs by Lisa Richardson, including shawls, wraps, hats, wrist warmers and a relaxed short sleeve sweater. You'll be spoilt for choice!
To celebrate this lovely new yarn, we are giving away four (yes FOUR) balls in total. The winner will be able to choose whether they would like Amore or Amore Shimmer, or a mixture of both, and whatever shades they like. We're running this competition on our Twitter page - you can find us there @mcadirect.
In order to enter you need to do the following by midnight on Sunday, 10th November, 2013:
1. Follow us on Twitter
2. Retweet our competition tweet (the one that features the picture below)
3. Reply to us @mcadirect to let us know you've entered and use the hashtag #McaComp
** THIS COMPETITION IS NOW CLOSED **
Terms and Conditions
1. There is no purchase necessary to enter this competition.
2. The competition will close at midnight (GMT) on Sunday, 11th November, 2013. After this time, no further entries will be permitted.
3. The names of all successful entries will be added to a prize draw and the winner will be drawn from a hat at random. We will notify the winner by DM on Twitter.
4. Entry into the competition will be deemed as acceptance of these terms and conditions.
5. This competition is being run by McAree Brothers and McA Direct, and is not endorsed by any social network.